Sunday, August 22, 2010

Facebook Privacy Settings - Check them regularly!

Some of you might know that besides loving all types of crafts, I am also a techy.  : p  Techy not Trekie.  lol  I haven't posted much in regards to techy stuff,  but I will begin to pass on useful information I come across it.  Almost everyone I know is on Facebook now.  I resisted at first, but now I'm addicted to checking my News Feed to see all of my friends broadcasting all their daily activities.  Some of which they could probably keep to themselves.  lol

I just read an article on a new FB "feature".  FB has added a feature to the iPhone app, it adds it automatically when you update the FB app, that allows you to "Check In".   If you "Check In" on your iPhone it posts your whereabouts on your profile so all your friends know where you are at.  It post a map with cross streets and everything!  It also allows your friends to "Check you in" too.  This is a default setting.  I post a few things now and again on FB, but I don't want everyone and their mom knowing where I'm at.   So, if you are a FB user, take 5 minutes to read this article and then go through all your FB privacy settings and make sure that the FB universe is seeing only what you want it to see.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/20100820/tc_ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc3439

Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments: