Thursday, August 5, 2010

Final Exam Cake - Wilton Gum Paste & Fondant Class

Tonight was the last night for my Gum Paste & Fondant class.  I really enjoyed the class...Miss Anita was a great instructor.  If any of you are in the Detroit Metro Area and want to take the Wilton classes, go see Anita at Michael's in Allen Park.  She was my instructor for all 3 classes.  I had a great time and I learned a lot.

I picked a cake from the course book to make.  Here is the pic from the book:



I had to make a few adjustments so my cake does not look exactly the same.  Here is my "final exam" cake:







Not too bad for my first time ever using fondant to cover a cake!  It turned out pretty good,  I think I will be trying this again.  :)

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Blue6366 said...

Beautiful job.....it looks so good I'd hate to have to be the one to cut into it. ;o)

cassandra holley said...

This is beautiful. You did a great job for this to be your first time.