Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

 Most of you know Blogger has been down and we were unable to post, but it really didn't effect me cause I'm having "Cricut Block".  lol  I have not had the urge to get out the Cricut and make anything.  I think it's the crappy Michigan weather, its very depressing.  :(  I have had the urge to bake a bunch of stuff!  I can't eat it all so I have been soliciting my friends to take my treats.  lol  I made a lemon pound cake with a lemon glaze that turned out great!  I got 2 thumbs up from my treat tester.  ;)  So I thought I would branch out and try something new.  Cake with liquor!  I found this recipe on Cooks.com  HERE is the link.  I'm not sure it came out right.  lol  I followed the directions and the cake looks ok, but the glaze did not turn out at all.  I have some of the new Duncan Hines Chocolate glaze in the kitchen cabinet so I might try that.  Any ideas on a good glaze that would work well with this cake, would be greatly appreciated.  :)  Pics below.  TFL








CHOCOLATE KAHLUA CAKE 
1 c. chopped pecans
1 pkg. German chocolate cake mix
1 sm. pkg. instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1/2 c. cold water
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. kahlua liquor
(If cake mix already contains pudding, omit pudding, use 3 eggs and 1/3 cup oil.)Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour tube pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan. Mix remaining ingredients together. Pour over nuts. Bake 1 hour. While hot spoon glaze over cake in pan. Allow cake to absorb glaze. Repeat until glaze is used. Cool in pan. Invert on plate.
GLAZE:
1/4 lb. butter
1/4 c. water
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. kahlua
Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in kahlua.


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments:

Pat N. said...

Kahlua cake! That sounds delicious. And it looks terrific. Since you used German Chocolate cake mix to make it, why not get that coconut/pecan frosting that is usually used for german chocolate cake? Somebody makes it in a can.