Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cricut Craft Room (CCR) Tips and YouTube Tutorial Video

Happy Snowy Sunday to everyone.  I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm so done with FaceBook.  All the drama, complaining, whining and posting of "twreking" videos is too much for me!  lol  But, just as I was about to deactivate my account, I have found a new use for FaceBook.  There are some great craft groups on FB that I recently joined which are now filling up my newsfeed.  :)  There are some great groups for Cricuting, Crocheting, Sewing and Card Making.

So enough about ME complaining about FB….lol  On to Cricut Craft Room (CCR), I have not used CCR much, but I know it does some great stuff.  One of the ladies in the FB Cricut group posted some fabulous cards and a great tutorial on how to create one in CCR.  It has inspired me to get on the CCR and start using it.  I thought I would share some of the frustrations I have come across trying to get my Cricut's up and ready to use the CCR.

Just open CCR and plug in your Cricut and it works right??  nope!  First thing I did was download CCR.  I have a mac and PC, so I downloaded CCR for both.  There are a lot of working parts to get CCR to work with each Cricut device you have.  I wanted to link my cartridges to CCR so I could cut without having to go find them every time.  I received an error every time I tried to link my cartridges. It turns out that I had linked them with my Gypsy like 8000 years ago…lol.  Luckily, I still had my Gypsy, I was able to link the Gypsy to CCR and then get my cartridges to show up.  Just an FYI…you can only link a cartridge ONE TIME…so if you have linked them to your Gypsy, make sure you link the Gypsy to the CCR or you will not be able to link them.  After spending all day Saturday updating the firmware, software updates and finding my old Gypsy I am now seeing most of my cartridges in CCR.  I will continue to link the rest of my cartridges and see how that goes.

Here is the link to the video on her card.  It is so cute and I learned a lot.  Hopefully, she will do a couple more videos.  :)  http://youtu.be/nOKBAGQ0zUo

Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments: